Kalk Bay Dreaming


Good morning everyone, its Kim here today! Those of you who know me will know that I LOVE Cape Town (I mean, who doesn't, right?). Whenever I go to Cape Town, one of my absolute favourite things to do there is take the train to Kalk Bay. And my last visit there over the New Year was no exception! I was introduced to this quirky little town a few years back, and have fallen in love with it ever since. It sits right on the beach, and has a long street of eccentric stores, unique restaurants, bakeries and ice-cream shops.
The Kalk Bay Quarter was a treasure I found in December. It is a beautiful shop, filled with ceramics, lamps, jewellery and confectionary, a great place to hunt for gifts. This store is ranked #509 of “Things to do in Cape Town”, and believe me, with all the beauty and activity that Cape Town has to offer, this is a great rating!
If you visit the store, you can look at the ceramics by Tessa Gawith, the traditional-style confectionary of Sweet & Salty Mason's, and Brett Murray's Boogie Lights series of wall lamps. Many of the items in the Kalk Bay Quarter are handmade, and from pot plants, picture frames, and candles, I can promise you won’t walk out of there empty-handed. I didn’t at least J
Information about the store:
Address: 58 Main Road, Kalk Bay
Phone: (021) 788 6312
Trading Hours: 09:00-17:00 Mon-Fri, 09:30-17:00 Sat & Sun
Click here to visit their Facebook Page.
Picture Credits: All pictures photographed by Ruby and the Swallow 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,