Window into India {People & Portraits} Part 1

{Kim} In February I found myself travelling through India for the month, and I can count it now as one of the greatest experiences of my life. I took thousands of photos (literally) and so it was really hard to cut them down to be able to put them on the blog. So for now we're going to start with Part 1 of People & Portraits; there were so many interesting people in India, and one of my favourite things there was "people-watching" and trying to sneak in a photograph of them wherever I could.

India is not for the faint-hearted. The language barrier can be frustrating, and the poverty is very disturbing and sad. But there is so much beauty in all that brokenness, and dipping my feet into a culture that is so extremely different to ours in South Africa was really humbling and rewarding in so many ways. I hope you can experience some part of the India I did through these pictures; I'm not a great photographer by any means, but I really enjoyed trying my hand at it while in such a picturesque country.

All photographs taken by Kim Walsh of Ruby & the Swallow Design Collective, and are not subject to being used or copied without permission.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,