A few weeks ago we told you here about the new Poetry store opening in Ballito. Last weekend us Ruby girls had planned to be putting together a set of Save the Dates for a lovely client of ours, but first - we went to the Ballito Lifestyle centre to explore Poetry and do some shopping!
And it really didn't disappoint. What we found was the beautiful ambience and sophisticated charm you will see from the collection of pictures we took above. Every little corner of that shop has a perfect attention to detail, even the amazing changing rooms (that may have even been our favourite part!). Being obsessed with stationery, home and decor items, we fell in love with all the little 'nik naks' Poetry had to offer. And the extremely helpful shop assistants - finding all the clothes we tried on in more suitable sizes - made our shopping experience very easy!
What we really wanted to tell you about is the beautiful selection of summer clothing on sale. What we LOVED is how Poetry's apparel is sectioned into colour palettes, with accessories, shoes and jewellery on display next to the sections to help us along. The colour palettes on trend for this summer: coral, turquoise and teal, royal blue and navy. These brights all pair perfectly with your neutrals of white, beige, cream, black and oatmeal.
Fortunately, the two of us are pretty much the same size, so we only had to take one of each item into the changing rooms to try on - which was helpful when we found ourselves with about six items from each colour palette! While we were trying everything on, we picked our top 10 summer items from Poetry. They are all made from delicate fabrics, have beautiful prints, and will make sure that you stand out this summer!
1. Printed maxi dress
- A must have for summer is a printed maxi dress. Wear this version with racer back detail with flats while roaming the Saturday market.
2. Coral dress
- Basic summer shift dress.
3. Print pants
- These are so on trend at the moment, and we love this animal print.
4. Chevron top
- With a touch of lace, this top can be for a smart or casual occasion.
5. Striped tee
- The Lelethu stripy tee is light and comfortable for a casual chic weekend look.
6. Striped beach bag
- We adore the beige and coral stripes, where you are sure to look trendy, even on the beach!
7. Coral belt
- A skinny belt in summer colours is perfect when worn with dresses, skirts, shorts or denims.
8. Blue & white scarf
- A simple yet beautiful light scarf that shouts summer and fun. It would look great worn with printed trousers and skinny leg denims.
9. Straw hat with navy band detail
- Isn't it gorgeous? Wear with shorts or a summer dress.
10. Gold sandals
- These are delicate and sophisticated, to be dressed up or down.
Visit the new Poetry store at Shop 19b, Lifestyle Centre, Ballito. For more information, email email@example.com.
All photographs taken by Ruby+Swallow and cannot be used without permission.
Labels: Ballito Lifestyle Centre, fashion, Poetry, Poetry Collection, shopping, what to wear, What We Love