We love this venue. A few of our clients have been married at Cranford, and truly loved it! It seems like it is the whole package, and it has such a natural feel with all the trees and the dam surrounding it. If you're looking for a country chic venue in the Midlands Meander, for an indoor or outdoor wedding, this might just be the one for you.
What are the catering options?
All catering is provided here at Cranford. Our cordon bleu chef has worked locally and internationally in top and award winning establishments. She is able to entertain many preferences and dietary requirements, using the best ingredients available. Her hands on attention guarantees a perfectly prepared meal for your function.
Does the venue include a honeymoon suite?
It does. Our honeymoon suite, “The Dairy” is a very special and beautifully decorated cottage. It has an open plan living area, fully equipped kitchen, lounge area, DSTV, a sleeper couch and large stone fire place. The bedroom is open plan with a king sized bed and en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. The bridal suite is complimentary for the newly-weds on the night of their wedding. Most brides tend to stay in The Dairy the night before the wedding and then get ready in this cottage the next day. There is plenty of space for hair and make-up to be done and this cottage is also ideal for a few bridal pictures before the wedding.
Is there a reception closing time? If the wedding goes over time, do you charge a fee?
Evening weddings close at midnight & R1500 will be charged every hour and part thereafter. The same will apply to lunchtime weddings after 18:00pm.
Does the venue come with a wedding planner?
On the day of each wedding we are there throughout to ensure that everything runs smoothly and according to plan. We are also very involved in the planning leading up to each wedding. Should the bride and groom require assistance in organizing their special day, due to work commitments or live out of the country, we provide a full wedding co-ordinating service, where every detail is attended to by our wedding co-ordinator, Alex Drew. You will simply communicate with Alex to ensure all your requirements are attended to.
What kind of size wedding can be held there?
We can comfortably host up to 150 guests.
What kind of bar is run there?
We always have a fully stocked bar and have various options available for your needs. Should you need a cash bar or various tabs for certain drinks we’ll make sure your guests don’t go thirsty. You are welcome to bring in your own wine and champagne.
What rates can couples expect to pay?
Please email email@example.com for more information on our 2014 rates. For the wedding weekend all wedding guests pay a special reduced rate of R480 per person per night sharing to stay in our luxury accommodation.
Other good things to know about Cranford?
· We can accommodate up to 60 people on the property, which is ideal for couples with lots of travelling guests.
· We can do a menu tasting for you before your big day. This is a good idea if you are battling to choose a menu for your wedding day; it also gives you a chance to taste how good our food is!
· The evening before the wedding we offer a few options for you to have a dinner or braai at our lovely lapa over-looking the dam.
· We can also make your wedding favours! Homemade vanilla fudge, homemade heart-shaped shortbread, chocolate truffles
· We offer a babysitting service
· We supply our own Cranford White, Red and Rose Wine.
· We have various items of décor on site for hire, which makes it more convenient for you.
· Because we’ve been in the business for some time we have a great bunch of reliable and professional recommended suppliers working with us that we are more than happy to share with you.
All photographs supplied by Cranford Country Lodge, and may not be used without permission.