Green with Envy {Birthday Celebration}

Hi guys, it's Filipa here! I never do anything for my birthday but this year I decided to put some effort in and celebrate my 25 years of joyful living. And how better to celebrate than with friends over some breakfast. I love breakfast food. After all, it is the most important meal of the day.

After recommendations from Kimmi and my own pre-birthday breakfast trial (I'm neurotic like that), I settled on celebrating at Green with Envy in Musgrave. The decor and setting in Green with Envy is so divine that there was little extra for me to do. I baked some simple chocolate chip cookies and put them in basic white gift boxes with a thick band of grey ribbon for each of my guests. I just loved the idea of giving something back to them as they came to celebrate with me. I also made simple seat placement cards which matched my birthday invites and pegged them onto champagne glasses. Again, not something completely necessary, but fun nevertheless. I organised champagne and orange juice for my guests too - just to make it a little more festive! 
Green with Envy is a great, hidden gem of a venue. The food is delicious, fresh, healthy and SO reasonably priced. I ordered pancakes with fruit and syrup (delicious) and it only cost R35! What a bonus. The restaurant is set amongst dense green foliage and trees, providing shade for those wanting to sit outside. It was blistering hot and bright, so we decided to stay indoors amongst the white washed tables, vintage decor and homely atmosphere. I particularly liked the duck egg blue table in the centre of the restaurant, which quickly became adorned with carrot cake and lemon meringue pies.
On the same property as the restaurant lies an art gallery, nursery and small shop with a host of goodies that will keep you browsing for a long time. There was a wall of ribbon (I think I gasped when I first saw it) and cabinets filled with treasures for the home. I particularly liked the herb and salad garden crates. I think I may have to go back to get them for my balcony!

Green with Envy are happy to host functions like birthdays and baby showers. They charge a small corkage fee of R30 per bottle and can provide you with orange or strawberry juice in jugs. They are also able to organise a freshly baked cake for your special occasion too! Contact them to make a booking at 031 201 3779.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,